Choosing the right day nursery is one of the most important decisions you can make, and of course you want to get it right first time.
Here’s a few things to look for and ask when you visit a nursery…………
What to look for:
- A warm welcome for you and your child, whether your visit was planned or your drop in unannounced.
- Busy, but relaxed children who look happy and purposeful.
- Safe, clean playrooms (even if a little bit messy!) which feel welcoming and friendly.
- Safe, fun and versatile outdoor play spaces.
- A mature, friendly staff team with a low staff turnover.
- Fun activities planned each day, with quiet times to relax too.
What to ask:
- How big is the nursery? What is the ratio of staff to children?
- What qualifications and experience do staff have?
- Are high quality, freshly prepared meals provided, and is the cost included in fees? Are children encouraged to be independent and make choices?
- Are the children able to learn at their own pace and in different ways?
- Do the children play outdoors every day?
- Most importantly of all, do the children feel safe and loved? Do the staff respond to individual children’s needs, comfort them, support them and keep them safe?
Personal recommendation from other parents can be a crucial factor when choosing childcare, so ask around and look on the nursery’s website or at written testimonials to gather as much feedback as you can before making the big decision.
Come and have a look at Marigold and see if we tick all boxes. Call in or call us on: 0151 342 7709. We hope to see you soon!